Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
The DBE Program
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program is funded by the United States Department of Transportations Federal Highway Administration and administered by the Maine Department of Transportation (MaineDOT). The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program was created to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of Federally assisted contracts
- Create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete for Federally assisted contracts
- Help remove barriers that affect participation of DBEs in Federally assisted contracts
- Assist the development of firms so that they can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program.
The DBE Program Provides companies with substantial benefits, including:
- DBE certified companies will be listed in the MaineDOT and DBE Supportive Services Directories that are distributed among prime contractors and consultants throughout the New England area. The MaineDOT directory is also placed in the proposal forms of all advertised federally funded projects.
- DBEs receive information regarding upcoming MaineDOT projects and the prime contractors/consultants that have shown interest in them.
- Access to the Maine DBE Supportive Services program.